Some points I'd like to mention specifically:
- February 28th - Kick off the user group year with Connor McDonald for a Thursday morning breakfast at Oracle's Kings Park office.
As you can see, we've already scheduled a number of events - more to be announced!
- Website - a long awaited upgrade to the national website is due this year. This will help us provide further services for members in a modern format using APEX. It will facilitate easier site maintenance for the committee so we can concentrate efforts on, say, a more complete & polished mobile application for the conference.
- Twitter - @AUSOUG_WA is where you'll find announcements, updates, and other things worth having on your Oracle twitter list.
- Presentation skills - and more. SAGE will assist those interested again this year, contact us for more info.
- Student memberships - We are targeting student groups this year to assist them with their future in IT. Ursula is your first point of call. Let us know if you have ideas for outreach.
- Conference - finalising venue/dates now - send through any ideas you may have to make it the best one yet. We're looking to change things up a little this year.
- Branch meetings - every month we hold an event with food & a speaker. These are great ways to meet & network with other in your community.
- Membership - If you're not sure if you a member, ask us. Many Perth companies hold corporate membership so you may already be covered. If not, an affordable tax-deductible annual membership may be worth your while.
- Have fun - I feel I'm lucky enough to enjoy what I do for a living. However you approach this year, be sure to have fun doing so.
WA AUSOUG Committee Web Master & Conference Program Chair