Today the program for the 2012 Perth AUSOUG Conference was announced.
First of all, I know it will be a Monday morning but there is a reason not to miss the opening address - we have invited ultra marathon runner Bernadette Benson to talk to us about the discipline it takes to stay focused.
Now it's hard to limit to the just the highlights, but here goes:
It's a conference talking about Oracle after all, and here are some of the strengths they're bringing to the table
- Tom Kyte - it doesn't matter what they are, and there's two of them!!!
- Tom Kyte - did I mention he's doing two presentations?
- Chris Muir - with some JDeveloper 12c announcements and ADF new features
- Melanie Caffrey - talking DBA stuff on auditing with flashback and testing with edition based redefinition
- John Hansen - Fusion strategic roadmap
- Graham Wood - Active Session History (ASH)
- Keith Laker - settles the debate on Big Data
- Cliff Godwin - EBS strategy & GM update
- Chris Muir - Developing for smart devices - web & native
It seems the buzz-word this year is mobile development, and this offering won't drown you with it - but instead offers a great cross-examination of what's out there. These are on top of Chris Muir's smart-devices talk.
- Penny Cookson - with some help from Chris Noonan will impress us with JDeveloper ADF dashboards on iPads - yep, it'll be interactive
- Scott Wesley (me) - another interactive foray into APEX mobile (powerpoint free)
- Kevin Payne - case study involving mobile development
- Mark Lancaster - bootstrapping APEX for all devices
Are you a developer? I'm positive there is something for you in every time-slot - starting with these selections
- Matthew Carrigy - case study on government project converting Forms to JDeveloper ADF
- Jeff Kemp - guiding us through Alexandria, and another on some Oracle DB gotchas
- David Wilkes - beginner's guide to SQL, PL/SQL
- Connor McDonald - SQL Tuning 101
- Connor McDonald - Analytics
- Gabriel Ilarda - SQL Data Modeler
The community is strong in Perth, so we've got to cover many bases.
- Tim Middleton - Web Logic Server 12
- Yury Velikanov - Direct NFS
- Damon Grummet - Case study on ODA
- Barbara Rabinowicz - Oracle VM for beginners
- Marc Fielding - Large scale consolidation
- Arjen Visser - Replication concepts
- Gavin Soorma - 11g Optimizer plan stability
E-Business Suite and other Fusion applications are another must.
- Dr Patricia Dues - BI case study in the public sector; and EBS R12 upgrade
- Howard Ong - looking at the current state of Business Intelligence
- Tony Scholefield - R12 upgrade case study
- Valery Hickey - Cloning EBS
- Andrew Howard - Oracle Spatial case study
- Jags Jawalekar - Oracle iProcurement
And then some...In addition to the standard schedule, we have some other events over the 3 day period from 29th-31st October
- Full day (day 3) - Real World Performance with Tom Kyte, Andrew Holdsworth & Graham Wood. I went this last year in Sydney and it's a must for DBAs and developers. Not only that, it's great value.
- Half day (day 2) - Sysadmin training workshop on Linux / Solaris
- Primavera SIG (day 3)
- Exhibitors - we have regulars, plus Amazon Web Services will have a booth to answer your cloud questions
- Welcome reception (day 1) - Let of some steam and enjoy some drinks & nibbles with speakers, delegates, exhibitors & user group committee members.
- WIN - a trip to attend Collaborate 2013
There's even more, and no doubt I've forgotten some sessions that will be a highlight for you.
We'll close off day 2 with some thanks from Susan Rooney, Cancer Council CEO & the prize draws.
Register now! Early bird special finishes next week.
2012 Perth AUSOUG Conference