That being said, there is an APEX Feature Request application.
While new feature will always be cool, I'd also like to see an introspection regarding some facets of the Development Builder.
I've requested a few myself, but for example (to get creative juices flowing)
- conditional on dynamic action true/false actions
- improvements in dynamic action copy
- extent cache infrastructure, including APIs (another similar entry)
- more multi-row editing facilities, similar edit all on page components, and grid edit for pages - but not so buried.
- features aiding release management / version control
(possibly via extending build options?)
- littler things like adding static ID attribute in component wizards
- compile attribute inline documentation online
- all encompassing comments dictionary view
- small win - delete multiple templates at a time
All of this on top of what is already mentioned in the APEX Statement of Direction.
For more APEX 5 thoughts, check out
- some recent commentary in Europe from Christian Rokitta
- desires from Peter Raganitsch
- browser support info from Joel Kallman
- session reviews from Bart Peeters
- and a post I forgot I did.
Let me know if you've seen any others.
I look forward to the next release, whenever it may come ;-)
ps - the post also noted 4.2.3 would be 'soon'